- Missed Connections: Go to Craigslist, there is a “Missed Connections” section where you can find some interesting story lines to inspire your writing. Choose one and finesse it into an RP.
- Sugar: Write or RP something so sweet, it makes your teeth hurt.
- Time Travel: If there was a time period you could visit for a day, where would you go? Write about traveling back in time to that day. Could be fiction or RP.
- Spellbinding: Write a magic spell. What does it do? What are the ingredients and what the hell happens when your muses casts it?
- Addict: Everyone’s addicted to something in some shape or form. What are things your muse can't go without? What happens if they have to?
- Secret Message: Write something with a secret message hidden in between the words to another muse. For example, you could make an acrostic poem using the last letters of the word or use secret code words in the poem.
Have your character take this personality test. Discuss the results with other muns or muses. Do you agree or agree to disagree? Does your muse? What the hell is EFNJ? Go on, tell us how you're not a intuitive judgmental extravert. ;) Feel free to keep all threads under this post.
Next month's 'wow, you're so messed up'--a Rorschach Test.
Still, what is an adventure without an adventure of the heart? You are not alone, and you'll find that trying times can forge ironclad emotions. Of course, you'll find that the path of love is no easier here than anywhere else, be the person you admire an arranged fiancé you're not too fond of at first, a forbidden object of desire, a traveling companion, an enemy, a lifelong friend, an ally...or another species from you entirely. Yet, in any case, this is no time for romance, is it? Only moments can be stolen, and you must set aside your feelings for the greater good.
In this time, in this place, will you get your happy ending, or will this story prove to be a much darker fantasy?
Most of us are fortunate enough to not be plagued by "natural enemies" - or even worst, a group that serves as an opposing force. But that doesn't mean that there isn't swaths of society that just do not play well together. Hunters and demons. Predators and prey. Outlaws and lawmen. Vampires and slayers. Montagues and Capulets. The undead and the living. The list goes on. You know, the usual and the unusual alike. It seems like wars will always rage between them. Maybe it's better for these types to just avoid each other, lest there be bloodshed.
What if, though, you - yes, you - were a member of one group and you developed feelings for someone that should be a mortal enemy. Of course, the feelings weren't the expected ones of wanting to gouge eyeballs out; instead, it was love, and a returned one at that. That would be quite the predicament, wouldn't it? But what would it be like? What drew you to them? Would your love be a pure, romantic one, or more of a love/hate? And would you allow that to sway you or repress all those emotions until you burst?
Most importantly, would a happy ending be possible?
HOW TO PLAY
- Comment with your character and preferences, plus any information because this meme needs at least a little! People are going to want to know who their character should "hate."
- Tag others.
- RNG or choose what kind of relationship you're playing from ROUTE and the tone of the eventual ending, which will theoretically color the thread.
- Play! Play out anything that strikes your fancy. Draw inspiration from the meme or come up with your own ideas.
- ROMANTIC LOVE: Despite who they are, you care for them. Whether this means you'll ignore outside influence, fight your own demons to be with them, run away with them, or change the system depends on you.
- LOVE/HATE: You despise them and all the stand for, but you can't keep away.
- HAPPY: No matter how bad life is, it will take a turn for the better.
- TRAGEDY: It may be good now, but eventually, everything is going to fall apart right in front of you.
We all have something we either can't do, or can't do alone. Luckily there's a meme for that.
HOW TO PLAY
○Post with your character. Don't put their name and canon in the header. Instead put something that they don't know how to do and would like to learn, or something they might want help or practice with.
examples: I can't swim • I need to clean this whole house so I can go to a ball and seduce a prince • I'd like to practice throwing pitches with someone
○Look around the meme! If you see someone that you think your character can be of some help to... tag them!
Somewhere further than making out yet not quite going all the way, "fooling around" is a time honored tradition. It's easy, low-pressure, and there are no real parameters - above the clothes or not. Sound good? Maybe you're young and want to try but not commit to anything too carnal. Similarly, you could want to explore somebody's, well, body because they're so different than you. There's also the possibility that you want to make them happy or see how they react to feeling beyond great. Could it be that you're a tease, even?
Or you could just be bored. There's nothing on TV, anyway.
The Alternate Universe Meme
How To Play
1. Post with Your Character, name and canon in the subject line.
2. Feel free to mention which AUs you’re willing or not willing to play in the body of the comment.
3. Tag by rolling for an Alternate Universe setting using rng.
4. Or Tag by picking whatever AU you’d like to play in most.
5. Have fun!
( Read more... )
|Most societies have certain mores that are unspoken rules; humanity itself even has such conventions, grilled subconsciously into our minds for our own safety. Don't go out alone at night. Avoid getting wet when it's cold. Don't pick fights with those stronger than you...okay, some of us missed the boat on the last one, but the point still stands. Society's rules tend to be more variable, though they apply to most aspects of life - including sex. In fact, bending the rules on what's considered acceptable in romance and sexual encounters can lead to anything from ostracization to death, depending on the time and culture.|
So, play it close to the chest if you're going to do a big, big, big t a b o o. Is it worth the risk?
- Comment with your character and preferences. Be sure to include what you want and what you DON'T WANT. Blank comments are fine; info is even better!
( trigger warning )
You’ve got your TFLN, you’ve got your sexting, now here’s the meme for all those gen texts, phone calls, voicemails, pictures of your cats, and whatever else your little heart can come up with, because who doesn't like a little old fashioned friendly texting. (Or enemy texting, if that's more your bag.)
instructions: What it says on the tin! Leave a comment with your character, include preferences, a start, absolutely nothing or whatever you want. Run around and reply to others. Lather, rinse, repeat.
SIMILAR TO THE PICTURE PROMPT MEME ONLY FOR NSFW/SMUT PROMPTS INSTEAD
i. COMMENT WITH CHARACTER
ii. OTHERS LEAVE A PICTURE (OR TWO OR THREE....)
iii. REPLY TO THEM WITH A SETTING BASED ON THE IMAGES.
Link to an image:
Embed an image in your reply:
Image height and width:
[ testing out different posting times. feedback is appreciated. ]
Please do not use this post as a time-stamp. The comm operates in EST/UTC-4. See the time HERE
The third week of the month is scheduled for the midnight texting meme. (For the rest of the 2017 these days are: Oct 15, Nov 19 and Dec 17)
Feel free to advertise RP related comms and materials below.
( Read more... )
Sometimes all you need is a word to spark off an idea.
1. Post a comment with your character's name, canon, and
any preferences you may have (no shipping, no smut, etc.)
2. Leave the comment blank or post a word or two in the body.
3. Reply to other people, either with words you picked
out, or words they posted as prompts for a thread.
Alcohol, an irresponsible situation, and a backseat of a vehicle all optional. Teenage angst and hormones not optional. All teenage characters from any time, setting, or canon welcome, as are adult characters aged down.
Have you ever wanted to be a Superhero? They are idolized, looked upon as Champions of Truth and Justice. That’s the sort of hero you can be, one that always does what is right, no matter what. Pummeling baddies when they're threatening the weak, foiling the latest of a Villain’s dastardly plans to take over the world or destroy the city. It can be satisfying to end their reign of terror and put them behind bars.
Or maybe you aren’t like the Typical Hero. Maybe you don’t completely embody the traits that one might except. You could met out justice by happily breaking bones. Your type of justice can be dealt from the barrel of a gun. You might not be asked by children to sign an autograph, but you are doing your part!
When you get right down to it, it doesn’t matter what sort of superhero you are, because there is room for all types! So get there and dedicate your life to fighting crime and the forces of evil! Unless you much prefer to ally yourself with those very forces instead..
- Comment below with your character. Put in their Name | Series
- Include anything else that you think may be important.
- AU your character as much as you like or where you feel it is necessary.
- Feel free to have your character be a Villain or Anti-Hero instead of a Superhero.
- RNG or pick from any of the Prompts below.
- You can even RNG a power if you like!
( Prompts )
It's morning in EST. But maybe not for you -- A little too late to be sleeping but y'know what? That's okay. People nap. Sometimes the bed is oh so cozy and you want to snuggle under a blanket and sleep forever. And you don't care if it's your bed or not. You're going to sleep. Like a boss.
Too bad someone doesn't agree.
The Poster is the character who is asleep.
The Responder is the one who discovers the sleeper.
Therefore, the Responder must do one of three things
I. Decide you know this person! (Castmate, previous threader, whatever.)
Go to Random and Roll.
a. Wake them up - You don't care how friendly you are to the person in your bed; they need to get up.
b. Happy Awakening - Such a shame they're so deep asleep when you're in the mood. How about a nice wake up call? (if you don't like smut, keep this to cuddles, kisses, hugs, or reroll)
c. Prank! - Oh, this has just go to stop. They need to be punished. But how?
Can't beat 'em, Join them - Push 'em over and snuggle up. You're too tried to deal with this craziness right now. Or sleep on your couch.
d. Let them Sleep - Whatever, it's noon. They're asleep and you got things to do. Regard them or disregard them.
II. Decide you have NO CLUE this person is! (People that haven't threaded with each other before, crossovers, castmates who haven't met.)
Go to Random and Roll.
a. Scream 'OMGWTFBBQ GET UP' - While this is probably the default reaction, it's a pretty honest one.
b. Prank! - What a better way for you to remember this moment of meeting than by painting a mustachio on your new 'friend's' face? (Remember, it's your bed. Be wise on what you do.)
c. Gently wake them up - Oh, the poor dears! They must be exhausted but they can't stay here. Be nice, even if it isn't IC for your character. This is what you get for rolling. Shake them up quietly. Or reroll.
d. Get to Know them NON-Biblically - Well, they're asleep. But they left their wallet, important work, or identification out (no matter how OOC it may be)! Let's see who's REALLY sleeping in your bed. (Use your own judgment on what you find. As a suggestion, have the most they find is the sleeper's name and maybe place of work.)
e. Tie 'em up - FUNCTIONAL tying up. Not kinky, no matter what the other party might think. Let them continue their blissful moment of rest. They'll answer questions later and you'll be safe and sound.
III. Decide - f**k the police. You hear me right. F**k 'em.
You move forward and make your own fate!
( either/or/both, if you prefer, you can play at the mirror of this meme at the_love_hotel )
The human brain, that complex, paradoxical ball of nerves, strives most to avoid pain and gain pleasure. Many, many people find great pleasure in two seemingly disparate pursuits: great food and mindblowing sex.
...you know where this is going. Why not combine the two? It's not that out-there - strawberries, chocolate, and whipped cream have been associated with the sensual forever (Valentine's, anyone) - and you might just serve up a heaping plateful of fu-
Okay. No food puns. Let's just get on with the meme.
HOW TO PLAY
- Comment with your character, info, what role you're into, prefs and etc. Prefs are very important for this meme, as prompts run from extremely vanilla (...sorry) to kinky.
- Reply to others.
- Take this meme however you want it. I'm not the police....or am I?
( Prompts live under here )